WASHINGTON — Police are investigating after a shooting in Southeast D.C. left one man dead and a second person injured Thursday night.
According to the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD), officers were called to the 4400 block of Bowen Road just before 9:45 p.m. for reports of gunfire in the area.
When officers arrived they found a man, later identified as 42-year-old Dimaris Smith, suffering from gunshot wounds. MPD said Smith has since died from his injuries.
A short time later, officers found a second person suffering from a gunshot wound in the area. That person was awake and breathing when officers arrived but there is no word on their current condition.
Police believe the shooting actually occurred in the 1300 block of 46th Street. Officers have not released any suspect details or information on what may have led up to the shooting.
The is the second deadly double shooting in Southeast in just over 24 hours. A 16-year-old boy was one of the two people hit during a shooting on Hillside Road Wednesday night. The teen, later identified as Deandre Coleman, died from his injuries.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call MPD at 202-727-9099 or text 50411.
- 'They kind of ambushed me' | Victim in ATV shooting said he tried to talk riders down from following him
- Double shooting leaves 16-year-old dead, man injured
- 2 shootings on Minnesota Avenue in DC reported hours apart
- Police identify DC homicide victim as 17-year-old from Baltimore
- Man charged with murder in death of woman shot in SE DC 2 years ago
David Christian Spencer Jr. died in the 1500 block of V Street, Southeast, Metropolitan Police Department says. The other 2 people have non-life-threatening injuries