MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. — First responders in Montgomery County worked to help rescue a group of baby ducks Wednesday morning.
According to a tweet from the police department, a concerned resident reached out to officers about a mother duck acting weird near a CVS. It appears that the duck's babies had fallen into a storm drain.
Crews from Montgomery County Fire and Rescue were able to lift the storm drain cover while an officer reached down to grab the eight ducklings.
The rescue was caught on camera, which the police department shared on Twitter. The video shows an officer being held as he reaches in to grab the ducklings.
- More than 100 beagles taken from Virginia dog breeding facility following animal abuse allegations
- American Kennel Club reveals most popular dog breeds in US for 2021
- This little piggy did NOT go to market: Stafford County deputy rescues pig found on the side of the road
- Smithsonian's conservation center welcomes 3 new red pandas to Front Royal location
- Rescue dog death at local shelter raises concern in Prince George's County
- Endangered whooping crane chick hatches at Smithsonian in Virginia
WATCH NEXT: Ducks in flower hats are so cute | Get Uplifted
It may be a little ridiculous, but it sure is cute!