WASHINGTON — Chilled cucumber soup is a summertime classic and very delicious. However, chef Jonathan Bardzik adds a new spin to the recipe, fennel! Learn how you can make it at home with the recipe down below!
- 2 cups of grated cucumber, about 2 large, peeled and seeded
- 2/3 cups grated onion, about 1 medium
- 1 cup grated fennel bulb
- 4 tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbs chopped fennel fronds
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tbs minced chives
- 2 tbs olive oil – the good stuff!
- Mix together cucumber, onion, fennel and any accumulated juices.
- Add lemon juice, yogurt and milk. Stir to blend.
- Add fennel fronds, parsley and Chive Oil. Mix together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. If not serving immediately, check seasoning right before ladling into bowls.