WASHINGTON — Strong storms packing very heavy rain and gusty winds have moved into the D.C. Metro region.
A Flash Flood Watch is in effect until 2 a.m. Storms may dump 1-2 inches of rain with some areas getting up to 3 inches in a short amount of time.
Here is the timeline showing when the storms will be most critical:
- Now-8 p.m.: Scattered storms with heavy rain and strong winds.
- Now-7 p.m.: Critical timing for the Beltway. Showers and storms with heavy downpours, strong gusty winds, flooding possible.
- Now-9 p.m.: Critical timing east of the Beltway. Strong storms with heavy rain, flooding possible and some gusty winds. Severe weather threat over.
- 9 p.m.-Midnight: Isolated showers.
- Flash flooding will be the major threat from these storms.