PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY, Md. — Police are investigating after a woman and a baby were hit by a car in Prince George's County Monday night.
According to a spokesperson from the Prince George's County Police Department (PGPD), the incident happened on S Capitol Street at Indian Head Hwy around 8:30 p.m. The woman and baby were hit in the roadway, according to officials.
Officers confirm the driver stayed on scene following the crash.
Officials have not identified the woman and baby or how they are related. The injuries sustained by both the woman do not appear to be life-threatening, but no further update on their conditions has been given.
This is a developing story. More details will be added as they become available.
- Driver hits and kills man walking in NW DC
- 7-year-old boy hit by 11-year-old driver in playground parking lot, police say
- Police: 19-year-old charged for fatal hit-and-run crash in Alexandria involving pedestrian
- Cyclist struck, killed by dump truck in Northwest DC
- Police: 24-year-old struck, killed by car in Lorton
- 5 people hurt after carjacking pursuit from Oxon Hill ends in crash involving bus in DC; 4 teens in custody