WASHINTON – A hazmat situation involving a propane tank has closed Metro train service Thursday on the Red line between Twinbrook and Shady Grove.
Officials said a 1,000-gallon Suburban Propane had its valve sheared off.
Crews were on scene outside of the Rockville Metro station working to control the leak. The leak has since been resolved.
No injuries have been reported.
Due to a strong gas odor, Montgomery College evacuated their Rockville Campus for a short time. The evacuation has been lifted.