TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa police are looking for whoever shot and killed a man in the front yard of a home in the area of E. Hanna and N. Branch avenues.
Around 10:57 p.m. Saturday, police say they got a call of a shooting in the 3600 block of E. Hanna Avenue near N. 36th Street. When they arrived, they found a man in his 40s shot in the front yard of a home.
Media reports indicate the man shot and killed is former Florida Gators standout and NFL wide receiver Reche Caldwell.
Police say they immediately performed life-saving procedures until Tampa Fire Rescue arrived. The man was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives say they don't believe the shooting was random and are investigating the shooting as a homicide, but say it's very early in the investigation and they're still working on developing leads.
If you have any information, police ask you to call Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 1-800-873-TIPS. A $3,000 reward is being offered in this case.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tornado moves through downtown Orlando
- Amid national unrest, family still seeking justice after father dies in TPD custody
- Do you know the man in this video? A $2,500 reward is now being offered for his identification
- Invasive, toxic toads reemerge in South Florida
- Cristobal churns up the Gulf of Mexico as a tropical storm
- Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office responds to "8 Can't Wait" campaign
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter