We haven't had forecast winds this strong in a long time, so here are a few things you can do to get ready:
!) Put you car in your garage, if you have one.
2) Take your grill, lawn furniture and garbage cans inside or tie them down.
3) Bring some wood inside if you have a fireplace to keep yourself warm if the power goes out.
4) Turn down the temperature a few degrees in your refrigerator and freezer. That may give you a few extra hours of cold food, if you lose power.
5) Check your emergency kit. Flashlight, lantern, water, and a battery-operated radio could all be useful.
6) Consider sleeping on a lower level of your home if you have trees around your house.