FREDERICK, Md. — Police are investigating after multiple pedestrians were struck Thursday afternoon in Frederick, Maryland.
Frederick City Police tweeted the pedestrians were hit near Hillcrest Drive and Consett Place just after 4:30 p.m.
According to a release from police, investigators believe the motorcyclist attempted to pass one vehicle and truck that was in the process of parallel parking on Hillcrest Drive when the rider hit the truck and lost control of the bike. The motorcycle went up over the curb and hit two people waiting at a bus stop.
Police and EMS responded to help the people injured, one of the two people died from their injuries and the other victim and motorcyclist were taken to an area trauma center for help.
Investigators have not identified any of the people involved at this time.
Commuters are encouraged to find alternative routes to avoid the area.
This is a developing story. More details will be added as they become available.
- 60-year-old woman hit, killed by driver in Northwest DC
- Pedestrian killed in crash on Richmond Highway in Fairfax County
- Man hit, badly injured in Manassas crash
- 'Recipe for disaster' | Drivers fear DC traffic calming bump-outs will make roads more dangerous
- Police: Woman dies from hit-and-run in Fairfax Co.
- Child struck by vehicle in Anne Arundel Co.
WATCH NEXT: Pedestrian hit, badly injured in Manassas crash
Sudley Manor Driver near Schofield Way was temporarily closed. Click here to watch and subscribe to the WUSA9 YouTube channel.