PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY, Md. — Police are investigating after a person was killed in a hit-and-run Monday evening.
According to a tweet from the Prince George's County Police Department, a woman was hit by a car in the 6500 block of Walker Mill Road around 7 p.m.
When first responders arrived, they found the woman laying in the roadway. She was taken to an area hospital for help but later died from her injuries.
The person who was driving the car that hit the woman drove away after the collision. Police have not released any information regarding the vehicle or suspect description.
Officers say surveillance footage from a nearby strip mall will be used to try to determine a suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to contact investigators through the Prince George's County Crime Solvers tipline at 1-866-411-TIPS.
- Pedestrian hit in Rockville, left with serious injuries
- 'It was so loud' | Woodbridge man shot dead in Dumfries Saturday as neighbors hear shots fired
- Pedestrian in critical condition after being struck by vehicle in Montgomery County
- Detectives investigate deadly crash in Springfield
- Police say this car drove away after hitting a man, officers need your help finding the driver
WATCH NEXT: Road rage shooter caught on camera
Maryland State Police released video of a fatal road rage shooting Monday that occurred in March on Route 50 in Cheverly. The case is still unsolved.