SILVER SPRING, Md. -- Four people have been displaced after a fire broke out at house located in Viers Mill Village in the Silver Spring area, officials said.
The fire happened at 4404 Mahan Rd. and left four occupants and one guest displaced, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue said.
Dozens of firefighters responded to the fire that was reported by a neighbor who called 911 and alerted the occupants of the house. Crews said the fire started in the roof or attic area of the house.
One firefighter has minor non-life-threatening injuries, officials stated. Nobody else was hurt in the fire. Damages are estimated to cost about $250,000. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical issue.