MANASSAS, Va. (WUSA9) -- A construction worker was transported for injuries after a house explosion in Manassas Tuesday morning, Prince William County Fire said.

The explosion happened in the 11600 block of Kahns Rd. in Manassas around 6:50 a.m., according to officials.

When crews got to the scene they discovered the home with minor fire damage. The home was under construction at the time of the explosion. A construction worker was medevaced to the hospital for treatment.

According to officials the building has been posted as unsafe and is extremely damaged.

The preliminary investigation shows that the explosion happened when the injured worked turned on the home's propane furnace.

The incident remains under investigation.