GAITHERSBURG, Md. (WUSA9) -- The Marriott Courtyard hotel in Gaithersburg had to evacuate Wednesday after a truck hit the gas meter and caused a gas leak, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue said.
A truck hit a wall and gas meter causing a gas leak in the area of the 98000 block of Washingtonian Blvd. in Gaithersburg. Officials said the truck hit the wall between Marriott Courtyard and the movie theater.
The hotel had to be evacuated until the gas leak was brought under control. All guests have now been allowed back inside, hotel staff said.
Washington Gas responded to the scene to fix the leak.