WASHINGTON -- A man dubbed the "Beltway Bank Bandit" is being sought and wanted in connection with 14 bank robberies, the FBI said.
Authorities said the suspect may have been involved in 14 bank robberies in the Maryland, D.C. and Virginia areas.
He is described as a black male, believed to be in his 20s to 30s. He is between 5'7" and 6'2" tall and weighs between 160 and 170 pounds. The FBI said he has worn different disguises during the robberies, including a baseball cap, a wig, gloves, hijab, and hoodie.
There is a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the capture of this suspect.
Locations and Dates of Bank Robberies:
- December 22, 2017 BB&T, 13045 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, Fairfax, VA.
- January 11, 2018 Capital One, 85 H Street Northwest, Washington, D.C.
- February 13, 2018 Suntrust, 405 Manning Road, Accokeek, MD.
- March 1, 2018 Capital One, 3499 South Jefferson Street, Falls Church, VA.
- March 8, 2018 M&T, 7485 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA.
- May 14, 2018 Burlington Coat Factory, 3200 Donnell Drive, District Heights, MD.
- June 29, 2018 PNC, 3297 Crain Highway, Waldorf, MD.
- July 12, 2018 BB&T, 10660 Stanhaven Place, White Plains, MD.
- August 17, 2018 BB&T, 9412 Livingston Road, Fort Washington, MD.
- September 14, 2018 BB&T, 9412 Livingston Road, Fort Washington, MD.
- October 9, 2018 Wells Fargo, 15480 Annapolis Road, Suite 200, Bowie, MD.
- October 12, 2018 BB&T, 5203 Franconia Road, Alexandria, VA.
- October 12, 2018 PNC, 14125 Saint Germaine Drive, Centerville, VA.
- October 27, 2018 Bank of America, 8096 Rolling Road, Springfield, VA.
Please contact the FBI Washington Field Office at (202) 278-2000 or submit a tip at https://tips.fbi.gov if you have any information concerning this suspect or these bank robberies.