Underwear-clad runners will be jogging around Franklin Square on Saturday for a good cause.
The Cupid’s Undie Run encourages people to strip down to their underwear, run briefly around the park, and then party, with all proceeds going towards finding a cure for Neurofibromatosis, a rare genetic disorder.
The run will be on Saturday, February 10 from 1-5 p.m. After the “brief” run, according to the website, there will be party, with special rewards for teams and participants determined by their fundraising goals.
RELATED: People ride Metro without pants
All proceeds will go towards the Children’s Tumor Foundation. Tickets are $40.
According to DC police, the run will affect some streets and parking. The following streets will be closed on Saturday from 3 p.m. until 3:45 p.m.:
- 14th Street, between K & H Streets NW
- 15th Street, between K & H Streets NW
- Service roadway on K Street (south side), between 14th & 15th Streets NW
- I Street, between 13th & 15th Streets, NW
- Vermont Ave NW, between H & I Streets NW
Parking will be restricted for most of the day on the following streets as well:
- 14th Street, between K & I St NW
- I Street, between 14th & 15th St NW
- K Street service road, between 15th & 14th St NW