WASHINGTON — A man who was shot in Northwest D.C. Monday has died, according to D.C. Police.
Police said the man was shot in the 600 block of Jefferson Street just after 3:30 p.m. He was taken to a nearby hospital for help but later died.
Police later identified the victim as 35-year-old John Edmonds.
According to police, 23-year-old Treavon Johnson of Newport News, Virginia, has been arrested in connection to Edmonds death. He has been charged with second-degree murder while armed.
Police claim Edmonds death was due to a domestic incident.
- 'I'm fed up' | DC neighbors near Q street double fatal shooting demand anti-crime action
- Woman found dead outside her Maryland home, but her car was found in Virginia
- Police: Northwest DC triple shooting leaves 2 men dead, 1 person injured
- Police: Man shot, killed by police in Gaithersburg after 'standoff' with officers at McDonald's parking lot
- 'We all hit the deck' | Restaurant patrons help bystander injured in 14th Street shooting
Police say a man with a gun and wearing a mask threatened a woman who had just stepped out her front door. But she too had a gun... and killed him.