WASHINGTON — With movie theaters no longer an option and only so many films on Netflix and Hulu, outdoor drive-ins have made quite the return to the DMV area. But what about those who are in the city and might not have a car, or those who don't want to drive out to the suburbs to see a flick?
In an effort to provide some more outdoor options for those in DC, the Wharf is premiering outdoor movie nights every Thursday through the end of September.
Movie watchers can reserve tables at the Transit Pier, located right near waterfront food joints like Cantina Bambina and Kawina, with the screen floating on a stage in the water. All of the films kick off at 7:30 p.m., so those wanting to catch the movie and find a spot may want to swing by a little early.
You can make a reservation through Cantina Bambina for a cabana here, with a max of six people per cabana.
- Make a reservation through Cantina Bambina for a cabana. (Max of 6 people per cabana). The link can be found here.
- It is $10 to reserve a spot for each attendee. Upon arrival, you will receive a serving of popcorn and Pacifico beer.
- There is a $20 minimum spend per person, the $10 reservation fee counts towards that. Menu item
To make sure the event stays socially distant, the Wharf is requiring $10 reservations for the cabanas at Cactus Cantina here, which also includes a Pacifico beer ticket and a bag of popcorn. There's a max of six people per cabana, with the $10 per attendee used to lock in your spot. Because of the partnership with Pacifico, all guests must have a valid ID and be 21+ to attend.
If you don't want to grab food before the film, come hungry. The group is also requiring filmgoers to spend at least $10 ($20 minimum per person, which the $10 ticket reserve counts to!) on drinks or more food at nearby restaurants like Union Pie and District Doughnut.
Here's the upcoming film schedule:
- August 6: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- August 13: Jaws
- August 20: 42, The Jackie Robinson Story
- August 27: Raiders of the Lost Ark
- September 10: Dirty Dancing
- September 17: Hidden Figures
- September 24: Jumanji: The Next Level
To grab your tickets and reserve a spot for an upcoming movie, click here.
Kyley Schultz is a digital editor at WUSA9, covering everything from DC movie nights to Nats baseball and town halls. You can follow her on Twitter here.