x
Breaking News
More () »

Dog rescued from massive DC fire

The fire took place at a vacant three-story frame house that was boarded up, according to officials.

WASHINGTON — A massive fire broke out on Monday night in the 2200 block of Douglas St. in Northeast, D.C., according to officials. 

The fire sparked at a vacant three-story frame house that was boarded up, officials add. While taming the fire, firefighters saw a dog caged up near the rear end of the building and made efforts to save it. The rescued dog is safe and now in the custody of Humane Rescue, according to officials.

DC Fire and EMS officials say there is an extreme amount of clutter due to the building being abandoned. Officials are still working to control the fire and are investigating the situation. 

Officials have not released any information on the cause of the fire.

DC Fire and EMS officials tweeted a video showing just how large the fire is and how much it spread through the building.

RELATED: Man, child go missing while swimming near Swan Point, Maryland, Coast Guard says

RELATED: Police: Multiple people shot in Northeast DC

RELATED: DC Fire & EMS hiring for the first time since 2019, introducing new entrance exam

WUSA9 is now on Roku and Amazon Fire TVs. Download the apps today for live newscasts and video on demand.

Download the WUSA9 app to get breaking news, weather and important stories at your fingertips.

Sign up for the Get Up DC newsletter: Your forecast. Your commute. Your news.

Sign up for the Capitol Breach email newsletter, delivering the latest breaking news and a roundup of the investigation into the Capitol Riots on January 6, 2021.

Paid Advertisement

Before You Leave, Check This Out