WASHINGTON — High winds have caused severe damages and more than 38,000 power outages throughout the D.C. metro area Monday morning. A high wind warning was issued and will be in effect until 6 p.m. on Monday.
Wind gusts are expected to be anywhere between 50 and 60 mph.
Damage has been reported in the following areas:
- Tree on power lines in the 6700 block of Old Chesterbrook Road in McLean, Va.
- Downed trees cleared to the side of the road at Old Columbia Pike in Silver Spring, Md.
- Large tree on vehicle at Frying Pan Road at Centreville Road in Hunter Mill, Va.
- Tree in road at Woodgrove Rd. in the area of Sunny Ridge Rd. in Loudoun County, Va.
- Tree in road at Shelburne Glebe Road in Loudoun County, Va.
- Tree down at Clarksburg Rd. near Hyattstown Mill Rd. in Clarksburg, Md.
Tree down at Franklin Park Rd. in McLean, Va.
Wires and tree down in road at W. Shady Sided Rd at E. West Shady Side Rd in Anne Arundel County, Md.
Downed tree a Church Road and Atlantic Blvd. in Loudoun County, Va.
Downed power lines at Simpson Cl in Loudoun County, Va.
Some 38,152 power outages have also been reported throughout the area. As of Monday morning at 10 a.m.
- Pepco - 5420
Dominion VA NOVA - 12723
BGE - 12473
Potomac Edison (MD) - 7536