WASHINGTON — WUSA9 Zip Whip 2022 Earth Day Challenge
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “Zip Whip 2022 Earth Day Challenge” (the “Instructions”) is open to legal U.S. residents of The District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia (the local viewing area) who are 13 years or older at the time of entry.
3. How To Enter. The Instructions will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on Thursday, April 21, 2022 and end at 11:59 p.m.. (E.T.) Sunday, April 24, 2022 (the “Instructions Period”).
Text Message Entry: Send a text message to (202) 895-5599 with "EARTH” in the body of the text message and share a photo 1x-(one) time of how you’re celebrating Earth Day 2022. You must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter via text message. Entrants will be sent a text message confirming entry. Entrants will be charged standard messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Message and data rates may apply.
All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) Sunday, April 24, 2022. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules.
Maximum one (1) photo entry per person. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor.
When you submit or post any material via the Site, you grant us, and anyone authorized by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium (whether now known or hereafter developed), for any purpose that we choose. The foregoing grant includes the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such posting or submission, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark or patent laws that exist in any relevant jurisdiction. Also, in connection with the exercise of these rights, you grant us, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by name, email address or screen name, as we deem appropriate. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Site, including content submitted by you, may involve transmissions over various networks, and may involve changes to the content to conform and adapt it to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. You will not receive any compensation of any kind for the use of any materials you submit.
4. Selection. For each One-(1) different picture you send 1x-(one), $1-(One) dollar will be donated to Potomac River Keeper Network https://www.potomacriverkeepernetwork.org/ by WUSA9.
5. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Instructions as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Instructions is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Instructions, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Instructions. Should the Instructions be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. In the event of a dispute, all text message entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the wireless phone from which the entry is sent and all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which the entry is sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Instructions. Tickets are subject to availability, restrictions, limitations, and cancellations.
6. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
7. Sponsor. The WUSA9 Zip Whip 2022 Earth Day Challenge is sponsored by WUSA9. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of pictures and all other aspects of the Instructions shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Instructions. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Official Rules” (as applicable), “WUSA9 Zip Whip 2022 Earth Day Challenge”, 4100 Wisconsin Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016. If you have any questions regarding this Instructions, please contact Darlene Dyer at (202)-895-5933 or email@example.com.