MARCH BRACKETS 2022 OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “WUSA9 2022 Bracket Challenge” (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) in District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania who are 14 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of WUSA9, TEGNA Co., Inc., PenFed Credit Union, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, We Monetize, Inc (“Sponsors”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on Monday, March 7th, 2022 and end at 11:59 a.m. (E.T.), Wednesday, April 6th, 2022 (the “Contest Period”).
Text Message Entry: Send a text message to (833) 987-2929 with "BRACKET” in the body of the text message. You must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter via text message. Entrants will be sent a text message confirming entry. Entrants will be charged standard messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Message and data rates may apply.
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting www.wusa9.com/bracketchallenge and filing out the required information. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. By entering, you agree to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor.
All entries must be submitted by 11:59 a.m. (E.T.) Thursday, March 17th, 2022. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules.
Maximum one (1) entry per person. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection Nine (9) Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries, to be held on or about Monday, April 4th, 2022, at the conclusion of The Men’s College Championship Game. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Gift Cards may be redeemed one (1) time.
The Men's College Basketball Tournament starts runs March 17th 2022 at Noon ET and runs through the Championship game ending April 4th 2022 at Midnight ET. The Sunday prior to the start of the Men's College Basketball Tournament is called "Selection Sunday". Selection Sunday occurs March 13th 2022. On Selection Sunday, Selection Committee will announce the bracket pairings for the first‐round games. There will be several "play‐in" games prior to the start of the tournament. Winners of these games qualify for the final four spots in the Men's College Basketball Tournament. However, for this contest, the winner of each "play‐in" game will be named the "Play‐in Winner", so it is not necessary to guess the winner of any "play‐in" game.
Shortly after the bracket pairings are announced on March 13th 2022, the complete bracket pairings will be available for all players. At this time, each player will be allowed to login and make their selections for their chance to win the contest. The deadline to make selections is March 17th 2022 at the tip‐off of the first scheduled game. All picks must be successfully saved by or before this deadline.
Making Your Selections
Players can make their selections by going to the selection page. >From this screen, players will make their selections. To make your team selections, simply click the team name to advance them to the next round. If you make a mistake, you can select the opposite team in the previous round or you can also choose the reset button and start over again. It's that easy. After you have completed the bracket, you must click the save button to confirm and store your bracket. Once you click the save button, your picks will display as stored.
Selecting Teams Close To The Deadline
Any player attempting to make team selections close to the deadline risks the chance of not getting in his/her changes on time. We are not responsible for late entries, server congestion, faulty Internet connections, etc., which may cause the changes to your picks to not be made.
Winning the Game
Players are ranked according to their cumulative point score. The player with the most points at the end of the game is the cumulative points winner. There may or may not be a prize for the cumulative points winner. Please visit the Prize section to see what prizes (if any) are being awarded for this contest. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more entries, the winning entry will be determined by the following tiebreakers, in order of listing:
Tiebreaker #1 ‐ Closest To Total Points Scored In Final Game (Based On Absolute Value)
Tiebreaker #2 – If two players have the same value for Tiebreaker #1, advantage goes to the player who over‐predicted (predicted more points)
Tiebreaker #3 – Most Correct Picks For All Rounds
Tiebreaker #4 – Most Correct Picks In Round 1
Tiebreaker #5 ‐ Most Correct Picks In Round 2
Tiebreaker #6 ‐ Most Correct Picks In Round 3
Tiebreaker #7 ‐ Most Correct Picks In Round 4
Tiebreaker #8 ‐ Most Correct Picks In Round 5
Tiebreaker #9 ‐ Most Correct Picks In Round 6
Tiebreaker #10 – Bracket Having The Highest Risk Percentage
Tiebreaker #11 – Random Drawing
Tiebreaker #1 calculation: If in the final game there are 100 points scored, and you predicted 88 total points, this tiebreaker's value will be 12. If you predicted 113, your tiebreaker will be 13. This value is determined by how many points you are under or over the official total points scored in the final game.
Tiebreaker #2 calculation: If in the final game there are 100 points scored, and you predicted 88 total points, and someone else you are tied with predicted 112 total points, advantage goes to the user who selected 112 because they over‐predicted.
Tiebreaker #10 calculation: Each bracket is evaluated using the exclusive risk assessor, which computes the risk of each chosen upset versus historical tournament results. The bracket that is deemed riskiest by this methodology wins this tiebreaker.
Any further ties are left as ties in the standings. The tie‐breaking system below represents the only tiebreaking system. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
Players are ranked according to their cumulative round score also. The player with the most points at the end of the round wins that particular round. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more entries, the winning entry will be determined by the following tiebreakers, in order of listing:
Tiebreaker #1 ‐ Most Correct Picks For All Rounds
Tiebreaker #2 – Most Correct Picks In Each Previous Round, Individually, Starting With Round 1.
Tiebreaker #3 – The Bracket With The Highest Risk Percentage
Tiebreaker #4 ‐ Random drawing
Tiebreaker #2 calculation: If we are in round 3, we will look at how many correct picks there were in round 1. If there is a tie, we will look at how many correct picks were in round 2. If there is still a tie we will look at how many correct picks were in round 3.
Tiebreaker #3 calculation: Each bracket is evaluated using the exclusive risk assessor, which computes the risk of each chosen upset versus historical tournament results. The bracket that is deemed riskiest by this methodology wins this tiebreaker.
In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from Consideration.
The Bracket Challenge is scored using the scoring chart below
Players are ranked on the Standings page. The winner of the Bracket Challenge is determined by the highest point total after the completion of the final game of the tournament.
The contest operator will post the scores shortly after every day's games for each round, unless unforeseen complications arise. If you have a scoring dispute, please contact us using the menu. Disputes are accepted until 24 hours after the tournament officially ends. Any disputes arriving after this time will not be addressed. The contest operator reserves the right to deny any scoring inaccuracies at any time due to circumstances beyond our control. It is each player's responsibility to confirm their own selections. Players should verify their selections on the “my brackets” page.
5. Prizes and Odds. Nine (9) Winners will each receive Gift Cards: (1st) $1,500.00 (AVR: $1,500.00) Value.), (2nd) $500.00 (AVR: $500.00 Value.), (3rd) $350.00(AVR: $350.00 Value.), (4th) $250.00(AVR: $250.00 Value.), (5th) $200.00(AVR: $200.00 Value.), (6th) $ 150.00(AVR: $150.00 Value.), (7th) $100(AVR: $100.00 Value.), (8th) $75.00(AVR: $75.00 Value.), (9th) $50.00 (AVR: $50.00 Value.). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner(s) will be notified on or about Wednesday, April 6, 2022, at the telephone number used for entry, email address or mailing address provided on Winner’s entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach Winner by phone after three (3) attempts or return of email as undeliverable may result in disqualification of Winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. To claim the prize winner must present a valid photo identification. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to complete, sign and return the affidavit of release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Delivery of the prize will be arranged following Sponsor’s receipt of the fully executed affidavit of release. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes Winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time, for any reason. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. In the event of a dispute, all text message entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the wireless phone from which the entry is sent and all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which the entry is sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The WUSA 9 Bracket Challenge is sponsored by WUSA9 and PenFed Credit Union. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For the name of Winners (available after Friday, April 29, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winner /Official Rules” (as applicable), “WUSA9 2022 Bracket Challenge”, 4100 Wisconsin Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Darlene Dyer at (202)-895-5933 or email@example.com.