WHEATON-GLENMONT, Md. — A lizard was rescued from a townhouse fire on Thursday afternoon that displaced 10 people in Wheaton-Glenmont, Md., according to Montgomery County fire officials. 

Fire officials said they responded to the blaze in the 1500 block of Ingram Terrace around 2 p.m. on Thursday. 

Pete Piringer, spokesperson for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services, said the fire started from a propane grill on a patio next to the house. 

The total estimated damage is $600,000, according to officials. 

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.