GREATER LANDOVER, Md. — WUSA9 wants to help you take care of your health this month. Join us for free screenings in Prince George's County, Md. Sign up!
WUSA9 partnered with the Prince George's County Health Department and the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission to host a free health expo on Feb. 19. The event consisted of health screenings and workout classes.
Come to the Kentland Community Center at 2413 Pinebrook Ave. in Landover, Md. The classes began at 6:15 a.m. and screenings started at 9 a.m.
Sign Up for a free class! Here's the schedule for Feb. 19:
- Yoga with Cassandra Logan: 6:15 a.m. - 6:45 a.m.
- Zumba with Rosaline Law: 6:45 a.m. - 7:15 a.m.
- Kickboxing with Kenya Hunter: 12 p.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Dance Fitness with Takeah Ford: 12:30 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Urban Line Dancing with Hattie Frazier: 5:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Martial Arts with Mark Henderson: 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Dine Learn & Move: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Wrestling with Mark Hawkins: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
There were two sessions for screenings: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 19. Walk-ins welcome!
Sign Up for a free screening! Here is a list of the free screenings:
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Dental Screenings
- Glucose Screenings
- CPR Demo & Training
- General Information on Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- DCH Mobile Clinic (Glucose/Cholesterol Screenings)
- Nutritionist & Nutrition Food Demos
- Carotid Artery Test
- Vision (Glaucoma & Acuity) Screenings
And, a new feature this year: Attendees also had the opportunity to ask a doctor, pharmacist, nutritionist or therapist to gain additional health insights.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.