WASHINGTON — So you want to get vaccinated against COVID-19, but need to know how to book an appointment. You’re in the right place.
Here's the catch: Just because you're eligible does not mean making an appointment will be easy. Supply is still much lower than demand. But below, we've provided all the information we can find with step-by-step instructions.
1. AM I ELIGIBLE?
All DC residents 16 and older are eligible to get the vaccine.
2. YES, I AM ELIGIBLE! HOW CAN I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
Hooray! For general vaccine rollout information visit this link: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/vaccine
You can preregister here or call 855-363-0333.
Anyone can pre-register, but you will only be contacted once you are eligible. Once you're in the system and eligible, you will be contacted via email or phone to book an appointment.
According to DC Health, the system randomly picks who will receive a link to book an appointment from the eligible pool of registrants. Invitations to book appointments are sent Thursdays by 10 a.m., Sundays by 10 a.m., and Tuesdays by 10 a.m. if there are any appointments leftover.
- Visit vaccinate.dc.gov or call 855-363-0333
- Scroll all the way to the bottom to and click the green button that says “Get Pre-registered Here."
- Click the blue button that says "take questionnaire" and follow the instructions from there.
- Congratulations, you're in line to book a vaccine appointment! Make sure to check your email and pick up your phone calls so you don't miss the notification when it's your turn. There are limits on available appointments, so it may take weeks for you to get that invitation.
- You can also click “sign up to get vaccine updates here” below the green pre-register button to stay in the loop.
If you are a hospital patient, health center patient or 16-17 year old district resident with a qualifying medical condition and are not a patient of Children's National Hospital or HSC, follow the instructions below:
- Visit vaccinate.dc.gov
- Scroll down to find the instructions for your category.
If you've tried before to get an appointment and did not get a notification with a confirmation code, date and location, you'll have to re-register.
Need transportation? Visit the same website above and scroll down to the “Need Transportation?” section. The District’s Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) cover all transportation, free of charge, to and from appointments.
Need extra help?
Download a pre-registration guide with step-by-step instructions: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/coronavirus/page_content/attachments/PRE-REGISTRATION-GUIDE-3-10-21.pdf
Download a step-by-step guide for booking an appointment once you've received an invitation to do so: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/coronavirus/page_content/attachments/APPOINTMENT-GUIDE-3-9-21-5PM.pdf
You can also call 855-363-0333.