MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. — A dog died and a man is critically injured after a house fire in Montgomery County, Maryland early Thursday morning. 

Fire crews responded to the fire in the 2300 block of Dexter Street for a two-story house fire. When they arrived, they learned the fire was on the first floor involving a couch. 

Officials said the fire has been put out. One of the responding firefighters was transported to the hospital for minor injuries. A man was critically injured and his dog succumb to injuries.

No additional information has been released at this time.