WASHINGTON — Police are investigating a shooting in Northwest, D.C.
According to a tweet from the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD), the shooting happened in the 1200 block of N. Capitol Street.
Officers say a teenage boy was injured in the shooting. He was found conscious and breathing. There is no word on his current condition.
Police are on the lookout for a dark gray/slate blue four-door sedan with heavy tint and dark rims.
Investigators have not released any information regarding a motive or the events leading up to the shooting.
If you have any information, reach out to police at 202-727-9099 or text 50411.
- Police: Man shot, killed inside a tent near Thomas Circle
- Prince George's County Police: Man dead from shooting in Hyattsville
- Without a trace: How the DOJ plans to track 'ghost guns' and keep communities safer
- Police: 34-year-old man fatally shot Friday in Southeast DC
- Arrests made in shooting involving Special Police Officers in Anne Arundel Co.
A new ruling from the Biden Administration could change how 'ghost guns' are bought. But, it already has strong opposition.