HILLCREST HEIGHTS, Md. — Police are investigating after a person was killed in a shooting in Prince George's County Tuesday night.
According to the Prince George's County Police Department (PGPD), the shooting happened in the 2500 block of Iverson Street in Temple Hills just around 8:40 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found a man who had been shot. He was later identified as 34-year-old Robert Stewart-Pixley of Temple Hills. Stewart-Pixley was pronounced dead on the scene.
Detectives are working to establish a motive in the shooting, and no suspect information has been released at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call PG CrimeSolvers at 1-866-411-TIPS.
- Police: Woman shot by police after dragging off-duty officer with vehicle
- 3rd violent incident in 1 week on Prince George's Co. street
- Three shot across DC Sunday morning
- Police looking for three suspects, vehicle after 2 injured in shooting at Shell gas station
- Two teens hospitalized, four facing charges after shooting at Uvalde Memorial Park
A DC man alleging tonight that an intoxicated MPD police detective slammed into two of his vehicles repeatedly -- and then tried to drive off.