WASHINGTON — Police have arrested a 14-year-old girl for allegedly shooting a 13-year-old boy in Southeast DC Monday.
According to the Metropolitan Police Department, the shooting happened in the 2300 block of Pennsylvania Avenue just before 4 p.m.
Investigators say the teen was taken to a nearby hospital for help and is expected to survive. Police believe the 13-year-old was targeted in the shooting.
Officers arrested an unidentified 14-year-old girl for the shooting Tuesday. She has been charged with Assault with a Dangerous Weapon. The motive for the shooting is unknown at this time.
Police are still searching for a second suspect. No description has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (202) 727-9099 or text your tip to the Department's TEXT TIP LINE at 50411.
- A 15-year-old was shot dead behind a DC middle school. One year later, his mom pleas for the killer to come forward
- DCRA cites Homeowners' Association President for creating a 'hazard to life and safety' in SE condos
- 3 Maryland teens arrested for DC robberies, assaults
- Police: Teenager shot in Southeast DC dies from injuries
- Frederick man charged for shooting, killing 25-year-old man in his Germantown home
According to police, the body of Passion Pleasant was found along the interstate near East Capitol Street NE around 11:15 am on Saturday.