The Forestville Fire/EMS Station 823 Engine Crew of the Prince George's Fire Department will receive Medals of Valor for their daring rescue of two people trapped in a burning home.

On November 15, 2017, the Prince George's Fire Department was called out to a house fire on the 5200 block of Lorraine Drive in Temple Hills. Two people were trapped in the house.

Before first responders arrived, neighbors had attempted to enter the house to rescue the people trapped inside, but were unable to enter due to the high heat and thick smoke coming from the house.

RELATED: Fairfax fire department delivers baby girl at home

Upon arrival, firefighters quickly located and rescued the trapped occupants, who were quickly transported to the hospital for treatment.

Two of the firefighters were treated for minor 2nd degree burns on parts of their body.

Unfortunately, the two people rescued succumbed to their injuries shortly after their arrival at the hospital.