There's not much better than a good potato salad, and there's not much worse than a bad potato salad. Here is the recipe for an all-American side dish to bring to have at your 4th of July picnic courtesy of Q.D. Foodie Kitchen Tools founder, Marci Heit.
- 7-8 cups of baby potatoes, using a combination of fingerling, red skinned and blue/purple potatoes
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. mustard
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. pepper
- Place whole potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off flame, allowing potatoes to remain in covered pot for 10 more minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Let cool.
- Cut potatoes in halves or quarters, place in bowl.
- Add onion.
- In a separate bowl, add remaining ingredients.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour over potatoes and onions and toss.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.