WASHINGTON — Most gazpacho recipes consist of only a handful of ingredients. However, chef Jonathan Bardzik elevates the dish with coriander and sweet honey. Check out the recipe below!
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 ears raw corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil - the good stuff!
- Juice of one lime
- Roughly chop 1 tomato and purée using a food mill or food processor. If using a processor, strain the pulp through a sieve.
- Finely dice the second tomato and add to a medium bowl with tomato purée, corn kernels and red onion.
- Stir in cilantro, cumin, coriander, honey, vinegar and oil.
- Season to taste with lime juice, salt, pepper. Add additional honey and vinegar as needed.