Since tacos are popular street food in Los Angeles, Chef Brian Reeve of The Salt & Pepper Chefs created a fish taco recipe that's perfect for any Super Bowl tailgate party.
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 10- to-15 minutes
- 4-to-6 tilapia fillets (can substitute flank steak; see note below)
- A little olive or vegetable oil (just enough to coat pan)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Southwest seasoning
- 8, 6-inch flour tortillas, heated
- Garnishes – cilantro, lettuce, grilled corn kernels (link to recipe), salsa (link to recipe), chipotle mayo (1/2 cup mayo mixed w/little lemon juice & chipotle chili powder to taste)
- Pat fish dry; season fish w/Salt & Pepper, Southwest seasoning; put on medium-high grill; cook about 2-to-3 minutes per side (or until golden brown); remove.
- Assemble tacos in following layers
- 1st layer – tortilla
- 2nd layer – tilapia fillet
- 3rd layer – garnishes
*Note: You can substitute grilled flank steak for the fillets. Sear each side on grill to desired doneness (about 10 minutes for medium rare). Let it rest for 5-to-10 minutes, cut it into strips and assemble tacos with garnishes.