WASHINGTON, D.C. — Crab cakes are the perfect summertime dish and Jimmy's Famous Seafood have perfected the authentic Maryland crab cake. However, if you can not make it out to their restaurant in Baltimore, Jimmy's Famous Seafood chef Antonios Minadakis shared the recipe with us so you can make their famous crab cakes at home!
- 12 large eggs
- One 30-oz jar mayonnaise, such as Hellman's
- 2 ounces dry mustard
- 2 ounces mustard
- 2 ounces seafood seasoning
- 1 ounce Worcestershire sauce
- 8 pounds jumbo or colossal lump crab meat
- 1 loaf white bread, crust removed, finely chopped
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- Combine the eggs, mayonnaise, dry mustard, mustard, seafood seasoning and Worcestershire in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix to make a creamy consistency.
- Place the crab meat in a separate large bowl.
- Very gently, fold the wet mixture into the crab meat, being careful not to break up any of the big lumps until the mixture just holds together.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form the crab mixture into 8-ounce cakes. Lay on the prepared baking sheets, sprinkle with a little melted butter and cook until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
More of a visual learner? Check out this video of the recipe in action.