WASHINGTON — In our Most D.C. Thing, we are talking about the intersection between politics and drinking. The vice presidential debate is going down Wednesday and we are a town that likes to drink.
That's why the Washingtonian has come up with its own VP debate drinking game.
This could get messy very quickly, mostly because these candidates are nothing if not predictable. So that's how the Washingtonian plans to give you liver failure.
Here are some of the rules:
Drink when Pence:
- Talks about how he’s a Christian.
- Mentions “Mother.” As in his wife, not his actual mother.
- Shakes his head while Harris criticizes Trump
- Brings up how Biden and Harris fought in the primary debates
- Emphasizes the need to “restore American values”
Drink when Harris:
- Mentions how close she was with Beau Biden
- Criticizes Pence on his record as head of the coronavirus task force
- Says “nobody is above the law”
- Grills Pence on Trump’s response to his own COVID diagnosis
- Says we need to end systemic racism but fails to explain how
This is the Most D.C. Thing because no one turns politics into a game better than us. While everyone around the country might be looking on at what politicians are doing with some side eye, we’re there with a beer and a side order of onion rings.
One more rule Washingtonian suggests.
They say to finish your drink if Donald Trump becomes incapacitated and Mike Pence becomes the president mid-debate.
Yeah, we're all going to need a drink if that happens.