WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Friday is the last day of a 30 day grace period for five speed cameras in the District.
The cameras were installed June 11 in Southeast, D.C. at the following locations:
- 47th Street, SE, Northewestbound: Speed Limit 25 mph
- 1600 Block Minnesota Avenue, SE, Southwestbound: Speed Limit 25 mph
- 2700 Block Wade Road, SE, Northwestbound: Speed Limit 25 mph
- 800 Block Southern Avenue, SE, Southwestbound: Speed Limit 30 mph
- 800 Block Barnaby Street, SE, Southwestbound: Speed Limit 25 mph
If you're caught speeding, a ticket will cost you between $50 and $300.
For more information about automated enforcement in the District of Columbia, log onto http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/dc-streetsafe-automated-traffic-enforcement
The City of Fairfax Police Department has added a red light camera on westbound Main Street at Pickett Road. Enforcement of red light violations will begin on July 12.