WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Amtrak officials say that due to the winter storm now moving up the East Coast, Amtrak will operate a modified schedule Thursday.
Amtrak Downeaster (Brunswick, Maine – Boston) and the Springfield Shuttle (New Haven, Conn. – Springfield, Mass.) are expected to operate a normal schedule.
Amtrak plans to operate all Keystone Service (New York - Harrisburg), most Northeast Regional service (Boston - Washington) and Crescent (New York-New Orleans) and Northeast Regional services. Amtrak Downeaster (Brunswick, Maine – Boston) and the Springfield Shuttle (New Haven, Conn. – Springfield, Mass.) will continue to operate a normal schedule.
In a press release officials say the following are operating a reduced frequencies or modified schedules:
- Acela Express (Washington – Boston)
- Northeast Regional service (Boston - Lynchburg/Newport News/Norfolk)
- Keystone Service (New York – Harrisburg, Pa.)
- and Empire Service (New York – Albany, N.Y.)
These long-distance services are canceled:
Crescent (New York – New Orleans),
- Auto Train (Lorton, Va. – Sanford, Fla.),
- Carolinian (New York – Charlotte),
- Palmetto (New York – Savannah) and Piedmont (Raleigh – Charlotte)
Officials say the Silver Meteor (New York – Miami) Train 98 is canceled and the Silver Star will only operate between Jacksonville, Fla., and Miami. Amtrak Thruway Bus services associated with canceled trains will not run.