BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA9) -- The options are almost endless.
There are 798 possible entree-snack/sweet-beverage combinations at the Quicken Loans National concession stands. Seriously.
The average cost of your items are $7 for an entree, $2.38 for a snack/sweet, and $5.38 for a beverage. That's a total of $14.76 per person and $59.04 for a family of four, if you're indulging in one of each.
So how can you feed yourself and/or your family for cheap this weekend when you visit Congressional Country Club? Here's a few tips:
- Cut out the booze: Eliminating beer, wine and margaritas from your visit to the concession stand takes the average cost of drinks down to $3.25. Stick to water bottles and keep them when you're done. You can refill at various water fountains around the course.
- Share a snack: Not everyone needs a whole bag of chips or cookie to themselves. Decide on two for your group and share with your family or friends. Our tip is the whole fruit. It's healthy, hydrating and cheap at $1.50.
- Order the right entree: The burgers are big! One of these $7.50 giants might keep you full for the whole afternoon. Hot dogs are a good bet for kids, and the cheapest entree option at $5.50.
Follow these tips and a family of four can reduce its cost to eat at the golf course all the way down to $41. At $10.25 per person, that's not bad at all!
Here are some additional facts about life at the concessions this week at Congressional, courtesy of Concession Manager Julie Welsh:
- Somewhere between 6-10 cases of hotdogs will be sold each day at the large concession stands. There are About 100 hot dogs per case. That's between roughly $3,300 and $5,500 worth of hot dogs sold per day, good for between $13,200 and $22,000 in hot dog sales per tent over the course of the four tournament days.
- Approximately 400 chicken sandwiches are sold each day at the large concession stands. That's about $3,000 per day, and $12,000 for the weekend per tent. Not a bad haul.
- 24 packs of water go at a rate of about 30 cases per day, good for about $2,160 daily. That's $8,640 in H2O sales.
- Welsh would not estimate how much revenue alcohol generates, but she did say sales are healthy. "It will be the crux of our business on Friday and Saturday come afternoon," she said.