WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Attendees of this weekend's Washington Wizards playoff games could face traffic delays thanks to scheduled Metro track work and the Nike Women's Half Marathon.
Customers traveling on Metro during the April 25 to April 27 weekend will encounter delays on the Red, Yellow, Green, Orange and Blue lines starting on Friday, April 25 at 10 p.m. through closing on Sunday, April 27. Street closures will also be in effect for Sunday's Nike Women Half Marathon.
Fans attending the Washington Wizards playoff games against the Chicago Bulls this weekend at Verizon Center may be affected and travelers are being asked to add up to 30 minutes to their commute.
- Red line trains will run every 20 minutes between Shady Grove and Glenmont, and every 10-12 minutes between Shady Grove and Judiciary Square.
- Yellow and Green line trains with run every 15 minutes throughout the weekend.
- Orange line trains will run every 15 minutes between Vienna and Stadium-Armory, and between New Carrollton and Cheverly. Buses will replace trains between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly. The Minnesota Avenue and Deanwood stations will be closed.
- Blue line trains will run every 15 minutes between Franconia-Springfield and Stadium-Armory, and between Largo Town Center and Addison Road. Buses will replace trains between Stadium-Armory and Addison Road. The Benning Road and Capitol Heights stations will be closed.
- The Nike Women Half Marathon will be taking place on Sunday, April 27. Street closures throughout the day may affect travel to the 1 p.m. Washington Wizards playoff game at Verizon Center against Chicago. Street closures will begin at midnight on Saturday and run through 11 a.m. on Sunday. For information on street closures, please click here and for a course map, please click here.