RICHMOND, Va. (WUSA9) -- Governor Terry McAuliffe's additional appointments were announced Friday. The Office of the Governor stated in a press release that the appointees will work with the administration to help find common ground with members of both parties on matters that will help the state's economy.
The appointments are as follows, according to the press release:
Office of the Governor
Rachel Levy, Special Assistant in Constituent Services
Rachel Levy interned in the Governor's Press office this past spring and formerly interned at the White House in the Office of the Press Secretary. She graduated with a B.A. from the University of California, Davis. She holds a degree in Communication with English and Writing minor.
Secretariat of Education
Eric Von Steigleder, Special Assistant to the Secretary of Education
Eric received his B.A. from the University of Mary Washington and his Master's in Multimedia Journalism from the Richard T. Robertson School of Media and Culture at VCU. Most recently, he served as the Marketing Manager for an Henrico-based law firm and Editor of the East End Daily, an online news source in Richmond's East End.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel Commission
• The Honorable Chris Snead of Hampton, Member, Hampton City Council
Emergency Medical Services Advisory Board
• Samuel T. Bartle, MD of Richmond, Assistant Professor, Departments of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, Virginia Commonwealth University/MCV
• Stephen J. Elliott*, BAS, NREMT-P of Palmyra, Battalion Chief/Shift Commander, Albemarle County Fire Rescue
• The Honorable Joan F. Foster of Lynchburg, Member, Lynchburg City Council; Director of Development, Lynchburg Beacon of Hope
• Kelly G. Southard of Orange, Rescue Chief, Orange County Rescue Squad; Senior Principal/ Partner, Gillum Architects, P.C.
Joint Leadership Council of Veterans Services Organizations
• Richard J. Rinaldo of Newport News, Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army Retired
Roanoke Higher Education Authority Board of Trustees
• Robert A. Archer of Salem, President and CEO, Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc.
• Patricia White-Boyd of Roanoke, President, Star City Management, Inc.
• Charles A. Price, Jr. of Roanoke, Retired General Contractor
Secure Commonwealth Panel
• John L. Bell, Jr. of Virginia Beach, Deputy Chief of Police
• John A. Braun of Falls Church, President and Chairman of the Board, Dynamis, Inc.
• Patrick E. DeConcini of Hampton, Principal, DeConcini & Associates, LLC
• Paul T. Diamond, MD of Charlottesville, Associate Professor and Director of Neurorehabilitation, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Virginia Health System
• Michael Lawrence Hamlar of Roanoke, Founder/President Hamlar Enterprises, LLC, Adjunct Professor, American National University
• L.V. "Pokey" Harris of Chilhowie, Director of Emergency Management, Washington County
• Jim Redick* MPA, CEM of Virginia Beach, Director of Emergency Preparedness and Response, City of Norfolk
• Reuben Korah Varghese, MD, MPH of Arlington, Health Director and Division Chief, Arlington County Public Health Division
• The Honorable Angelia M. Williams, Vice Mayor, City of Norfolk
Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, Board of Trustees
• Christine P. Kinser of Tazewell, Superintendent, Tazewell County Public Schools
• Steven C. Cochran of Blacksburg, Director of Human Resources, HHHunt Corporation
State Air Pollution Control Board
• Samuel A. Bleicher of Arlington, Principal, The Strategic Path LLC
• Rebecca R. Rubin of Fredericksburg, President & CEO, Marstel-Day Environmental Company, LLC
Virginia-Asian Advisory Board
• Julia Kim of Vienna, Chief of Staff, Office of Delegate Mark L. Keam, Virginia House of Delegates
Virginia Biotechnology Research Park Authority
• Kenneth E. Ampy of Chesterfield, Chief Executive Officer, Astyra Corporation
• Eric S. Edwards, MD, PhD of Powhatan, Co-founder, Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Research and Development, Kaleo, Inc.
Virginia-Israel Advisory Board
• Irving M. Blank, Esquire, of Richmond, Partner, ParisBlank LLP
• Marc K. Broklawski of Fredericksburg, Project Management, U.S. Government
• The Honorable Eileen Filler-Corn of Springfield, Virginia House of Delegates, 41st District; Director of Government Relations, Albers & Company
• William R. Frank of Henrico, Public Policy Manager, Virginia Association of Community Services Board
• Aviva Shapiro Frye of Bristol, Co-Founder & Executive Director, World Prayer Foundation and World Medical Travel, LLC
• Joyce Slavin Scher of Richmond, Founder and President of Victoria Charles Fine Jewelry
Virginia Small Grains Board
• Ellen Matthews Davis of West Point, Management Consulting
• James H. Hundley, III* of Champlain, Owner and Operator, Cloverfield Enterprises