SHARE 10 COMMENTMORE

GREAT FALLS, Va. (WUSA9) -- Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department officials say three construction workers were able to safely make it out of a house under renovation when it caught on fire.

Firefighters responded to the home in the 900 block of Seneca Road in Great Falls on Thursday at approximately 6:15 p.m., say officials. There, they found smoke and fire coming from the roof. The workers had gotten out of the house on their own.

Officials tell us firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 15 minutes.

The fire, which was determined to be accidental and caused by a combustible material too close to a heat source, left an estimated $100,000 worth of damage behind.