Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

SILVER SPRING, Md. (WUSA9) -- Fire officials say a wood burning stove caused a two-alarm fire at a single family home in Montgomery County.

It happened at approximately 1:47 p.m. in the 200 block of Shaw Avenue.

When firefighters arrived on scene they found smoke and fire in the lower level that had extended to the first and second floor, according to officials.

Three occupants of the house had evacuated the home when firefighters arrived. There were no injuries.

Officials say the occupants will be able to return to the home once the utilities have been re-activated.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1bGmoHD