LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (WUSA9) -- Othman Conteh, the Lanham man who assaulted a police officer during a barricade incident in July 2013 will be sentenced Friday afternoon after he pleaded guilty to second degree assault and to carrying a gun earlier this year, authorities said.

Conteh was caught breaking windows and throwing household items into the street in Lanham in July of 2013. He was also carrying a silver handgun during this incident.

Deputies attempted to get him out of the house, however were unsuccessful and had to use tear gas in order to get him out. Conteh jumped from the second floor and brandished the gun when deputies tried to take him into custody, authorities said.

Conteh fled the scene, however was later apprehended not too far from the house.

According to authorities, Conteh is expected to be sentenced to 10 years, suspend all but three years for second degree assault and three years for the wear and carry charge.

Conteh will also get five years of supervised probation upon his release and has to do a drug treatment program through the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

The sentencing will take place Friday at 1:30 p.m. at the Prince George's County Courthouse.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1nxkmuE