MANASSAS, Va. (AP) - Prosecutors say they won't use any explicit photos in their effort to prove a sexting case against a 17-year-old who had been subject to a search warrant demanding photos of his erect penis.
But at a closed hearing Tuesday in Prince William County juvenile court, The Washington Postreported that prosecutors moved ahead with plans to prosecute the teen whose case garnered national attention.
The teen left the state to evade a search warrant demanding photos of erect penis in an effort to prove he sent similar pictures to his then 15-year-old girlfriend.
Facing severe criticism, police said last week they would no longer seek those photos. And at Tuesday's hearing, prosecutors said they would not use photos of his non-aroused genitals that had already been taken.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)