4 1 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HERNDON, Va. (WUSA9) -- A house fire in Fairfax County has displaced two people from their home and caused $150,000 worth of damage.

Officials responded to the fire at 9:30 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of Madison Street in Herndon, Va., where firefighters encountered heavy smoke coming from the front and sides of the split-level home.

Officials say the home had no smoke alarms and one occupant was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The fire started in the kitchen and/or dining area and is under investigation.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1lkE3TB