WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Five new speed cameras in the District will have you pumping the brakes, starting on June 11, city officials said.
The five new locations of the cameras are:
- 47th Street, SE, Northewestbound: Speed Limit 25 mph
- 1600 Block Minnesota Avenue, SE, Southwestbound: Speed Limit 25 mph
- 2700 Block Wade Road, SE, Northwestbound: Speed Limit 25 mph
- 800 Block Southern Avenue, SE, Southwestbound: Speed Limit 30 mph
- 800 Block Barnaby Street, SE, Southwestbound: Speed Limit 25 mph
The cameras become active on Wednesday the 11th, but they will only send out warnings in the first 30 days. After the warning period, you'll be fined if you speed and the cameras snap a picture of you.
For more information about automated enforcement in the District of Columbia, log onto http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/dc-streetsafe-automated-traffic-enforcement
The City of Fairfax Police Department has added a red light camera on westbound Main Street at Pickett Road. Enforcement of red light violations will begin on July 12.