WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Here are five things you need to know on Friday, April 18:
5. Friday is the start of a warmup in the D.C. Metro area. Friday afternoon's high temps will touch the 60-degree mark for most, and we'll be well into the 60s this holiday weekend. The next chance for rain doesn't arrive until next Tuesday!
4. Friday at 8 p.m., WUSA9 will be airing a benefit concert with some of country music's biggest stars. The goal of the concert, Outnumber Hunger, is to raise money for food banks across the country, including those in our area.
3. The assault trial for singer Chris Brown could begin as early as Friday. That's if the trial for his bodyguard ends Friday morning.
Both are accused of punching a man outside the "W" hotel last October. A judge will decide both cases.
2. Fairfax County police say one person is dead after an early morning crash in McLean. According to police, a vehicle struck a tree, bringing it down. The tree is blocking the road between Towlston Road and Peacock Station Road.
1. A D.C. man who pleaded guilty to multiple counts of cruelty to animals in January will be sentenced Friday. According to court documents, Charles Palmer abused ten different dogs, three of which have died allegedly due to his abuse.