WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Here are five things you need to know on Monday, March 24:
5. Monday looks sunny, but even chillier than Sunday, as highs will remain in the low 40s. Average high for Monday is 59º. We will have cold air in place on Tuesday and a little snow is possible by Tuesday morning. A storm system will bring some snow to the region on Tuesday, but we will see almost all of it melt on contact.
FORECAST: Unseasonably cold today, snow on Tuesday
4. An Amber Alert is still active for 8-year-old Relisha Tenau Rudd. Her family is pleading with her abductor to return her home safely. Police believe Relisha is with Khalil Tatum, 51, a janitor at the homeless shelter where the girl had been living with her mother.
AMBER ALERT: DC Girl Missing; abductor charged in murder
3. (AP) - Gov. Terry McAuliffe is set to propose a 2 percent raise for state employees when lawmakers return to Richmond for a special session in which they will try to pass a roughly $96 billion two-year budget.
2. (AP) - Gas prices in the D.C. metro area are up 6 cents from a week ago. In its weekly report, AAA says the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gas is $3.54, up from $3.48 a week ago.
1. Any questions about Virginia deserving a one seed, considering their sub par performance against Coastal Carolina, can be put to rest. The Cavaliers had their way with the Memphis Tigers the entire night winning 78-60, clinching a berth into the Sweet 16.