NORTHWEST, DC (WUSA9) -- The Deputy Mayor for Public Safety released the internal affairs report on the failures of not responding to a man left to die across the street from engine 26 on Rhode Island Avenue. However, the mayor's office failed to say was that it was not the entire report.

The report given to WUSA9 last week was a total of 13 pages. The full report is more than 125 pages. The full internal report mentions that the rookie firefighter on desk watch was worried about leaving his post and he failed to ring the fire bell.

That was omitted from the public report. Two weeks on the job, the cadet was worried about protocol of what would happen if he ran across the street. This puts into question the cadet program and how the program prepares young budding firefighters.

Mayor Vincent Gray said, "I think it is working. I've been to their graduation. We're talking about one person."

Mayor Vincent gray said one bad decision by a rookie out of dozens of others should not tarnish the cadet program

That rookie failed to respond along with four other firefighters who had many more years of experience. The 19-year-old was worried about leaving his desk and failed to ring the fire house bell when 77-year-old Cecil Mills collapsed across the street.

When asked why that was omitted the Deputy Mayor Paul Quander said, "You ring the bell to give notice. He rang the bell. He called over the loud speaker. To me it didn't seem like it was germane."

Quander said he has absolute confidence in the cadet program.

The D.C. cadet program has run into problems through the decades.

In 1992, some cadets did not meet the physical standards and the chief then made the class go through the training again.

Several years ago Chief Dennis Rubin suspended the program after finding some of his cadets were involved in criminal behavior.

A common denominator of those getting in trouble forced the program to end until Chief Ken Ellerbe made it his top priority to reinstate the program in 2011.

Councilman Tommy Wells, a mayoral candidate and the current judiciary and public safety chair has not even received a copy of the full report.

"There was some information they didn't share with the committee in the Mills report. It's disappointing, lack of transparency and a breach of faith with the community we serve," Wells said.

Quander said the full report will be available once the internal trial board is complete. Nine employees face disciplinary action, four of whom will face a trial board.

Other information kept from the public was that the lieutenant had said she left the firehouse to check on what was going on when in fact she never left.

Also omitted: dispatch knew truck 15 was available to go across the street.

However protocol does not require for a truck to run across the street to administer aid.

To read the 'Reaction to Internal FEMS Report', click here.

Read or Share this story: