STAFFORD, Va. (AP) - The body of a Marine killed one week ago in Afghanistan is coming home to Virginia amid a procession of motorcyclists.
Staff Sgt. David H. Stewart died as a result of what the Pentagon calls a hostile incident in Helmand Province.
The procession of motorcyclists is made up of current and former police, fire and rescue workers and military members.
The Free Lance-Star reports that the 34-year-old's body will be transported from Dover Air Force Base on Friday to Stafford County. A funeral is Tuesday at the Marine Corps Base Quantico chapel.
The Stafford County man deployed three times to Iraq and twice to Afghanistan.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
Travel Plan for Staff Sergeant Stewart Escort - Final Route Info:
1. Leave Dover Air Force Base
2. Turn left onto Willow Grove Road
3. Continue onto DE-10 W
4. Turn left onto DE-10 W/S Caesar Rodney Ave
5. Continue onto MD-287 W
6. Continue onto MD-313 N
7. Turn left onto MD-19 W
8. Turn left onto US-301 S
9. Take exit 13A-13B-13C for US-301/MD-3 toward Crofton/Richmond
10. Take exit 13A on the left to merge onto US-301 S toward Richmond
11. Turn Right onto VA-3 W/Kings HWY
12. Turn right onto Cool Springs Road
13. Turn left onto VA-218 W
14. Turn right onto US 1 N/Cambridge St.
15. Turn right onto Courthouse Rd