WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Officials will begin the final phase of construction on the M Street Diversion Sewer portion of the project at M Street between 7th and 11th Streets on June 18.
DC Water plans to begin the construction on June 18 until December 31. "There will be a 24-hour closure of two eastbound travel lanes on M Street during this portion of work, temporarily reducing M Street to two eastbound lanes and two westbound lanes. The hours of operation will be from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday," officials said.
DC Water also wants the public to take note of the following information:
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on M Street while construction takes place.
- 24-hour parking restrictions will remain in effect on M Street between 7th and 14th Streets through December 2014.
- Some traffic stops and delays within the vicinity of the work zone are anticipated.
- Limited night work may take place.
- Delays within the vicinity of the project area are anticipated.
- Temporary traffic signs have been set up throughout the area to alert motorists to the upcoming lane shift. To keep everyone safe, motorists should stay alert and obey the posted speed limits when traveling through this area.